Wednesday 31 August 2011

August 30

Hey Family!
So this week was a doozy! haha! Today I had zone conferance which was so great! I loved it, we learned about the importance of the book of mormon and faith, and how we build our faith in the same way our investigators do. And lots of other good things too! But I don't actually have P-day till tomorrow, but we ALWAYS email on tuesdays to make sure families don't get worried! which reminds me before I forget! President and sister clayton have created a blog for our mission, and he has taken pictures of the zone conferances and other things and is posting them on this blog, the address is californiasandiegomission.blogspot.com (long name, amazing results!)
Haha, anyways, I thought you would all like that, (really, I thought mom would like that! There will be pictures and everything!)
So Christines Baptism was really good, it was sad to see someone I love get baptized and confirmed, then say good bye because she moved to utah the next day! That should never happen. (we baptized her in San diego for multiple reasons, mainly being it would make her transition to utah a lot smoother!) But I love that girl so much, she strenghtened my testimony!
But I had the craziest weekend, lt me tell you a bit about it! So the Quinns for about a month now have been trying to sell there home, so every monrning we need to make our house SPOTLESS, which is good, its a great habit for me to get into! But in the past week our shower drain has not been draining, so we have had to have quick showers, and it takes a couple hours to drain, and we were going to unplog the drain, but we never got around to it, I guess it was "low on our priority list." But I have LEARNED my lesson!
The quinns, its a tile shower, and I guess when water is in them, it seeps through, so it started to leak to the ceiling of hunters room, (Who sleeps beneath us). Ya, it wasn't good. And something you should know about this family, I love them So much, but they yell a lot, and it scares me a little. And they were MAD! (as they had EVERY right to be!) But I was a little scared to go and talk with them...but we went and talked with them, and they were upset because they now had to wait for their home to be shown by a few days because the roof was wet. But they said there wasn't any damage, so I was happy about that.
Oh, and I forgot to mention that a few days prior the fire alarms in there house went off for like hours, it was during our study, and it was an electical malfunction or something...and it was ridiculous, (This comes into play later!)
ANYWAYS, they quinns basically told us they wanted us to move out. So monday comes, and its pretty rough! We gave our investigator Brian away because it turns out he doesn't live in our area, and we got a 5 page text from victor (do you remeber me talking about victor and liz?), saying that they didn't want to change the traditions of there family, and didn't want to meet anymore, and someone we are working with, her husband blindsided her and filed for a divorce, so we were dealing with all these things that day, and we get home, and go to our room, and we no longer had our studying table! The members we live with took it away so the room would look better. THEN the fire alarm started beeping again, (about once every minute or so), and it went of ALL night!
Haha, its been a gong show! But Its been pretty funny, and I have laughed a lot...We are trying to find a place to live, and hopefully we will find one soon! If you need something to pray about, maybe pray for us to get a place to live! That would be Awesome! But its been a good humbling experience the past few days...it might not sound like much, but its been...fun!
ANYWAYS! I am working hard trying to add some invesitgators since we only have 1 progressing investigator right now. Its been good to rely on the Lord so much. Its a nice reminder that he always has my back!
I want you all to know that your Savior loves you, and knows you perfectly. He knows excatly what you need, even when you do not. That is why you can trust in him perfectly! I also want to share my love for the Book of mormon! I know that it is true. I had a cool experience a few months ago, I wanted to gain a stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon so I could teach about it more powerfully. So I prayed to know if it was true, and I came across 1 Nephi 10:1-6, and it was my answer, I felt the Spirit SO strong because I had that desire to believe, but I wanted to know. (And something I find super interesting about the book of mormon, is how much the spirit changes its meaning, because I bet if most of you look that reference up, it won't even be a big deal, but to me, in that moment, I knew this church was true!) And thats why I love the book of mormon, because in it we can recieve answers to ALL things. It is heavenly father BEST took in guiding us in our lives, it can strenghten your testimony of the savior, it can help all of you. It has helped me. I think my book of mormon in my most prized possesion out here! I love it with all my heart! And I'm so grateful to Heavenly Father for blessing me with this love for his book!
Well Family! I love you all! Hope you have a good week!
-Sister Lee-

No comments:

Post a Comment