Wednesday 24 August 2011

August 23, 2011

Hey family!
So like I said last week Sister Cluff and I are together another transfer so by the end of this transfer it will have been 6 months together! And then after that its her last transfer, so I won't be surprised if we stay together then! Haha, its a long time with someone, but we really do work well together. And not bragging (really) but our ward really likes the both of us, and they are always making comments on how well we work together, and we look like we really get along. So thats good!
I'm really excited for the next few months in this area, missionary work is just going to BOOM! By the end of this weekend we will have had 4 baptisms in August, so our ward is beginning to trust us with there friends. And when Elder Ballard was here a month ago he talked about the importance of ward council. and our mission president has been focusing on ward council and how important it really is for the ENTIRE ward. But we were only having ward council once a month, but we just found out that Bishop has changed it, and starting in septemeber, we are going to have ward council EVERY week! This might not sound that great for all of you, but I am SO excited! It was the biggest miracle! It will help the work in this area so much. And starting in september, Bishop is announcing another one of Elder Ballards "ideas" about praying for a missionary experience, and he promised that if members pray for a missionary experience, within 90 days they will have someone that will be ready and prepared to meet with the missionaries! Its going to be awesome. My ward is already great, but it is about to come SO much better!
Thats something I have really learned out here, is there is always room for improvement! Your testimony can never be TOO strong, you can never know TO much, you can never have too much faith. Sister cluff always says that we must always be grateful, but NEVER be satisfied.
SO brandons baptism was really good! We had lots of support from the ward, and after our ward mission leader asked sister loveall (brandons mom) what the next step was, and she said that she is working on going to the temple! So amazing! I love that family! Oh ya, and this reminds me! So for any of you that thought my Zelda playing was a waste of time, I will let you know that I was playing it to prepare me for my mission! True story, I just didn't know it at the time! So Brandon has ADD and ADHD, so to teach him was always a challenge, but while we were teaching him he got really into "Zelda, ocarina of time," and he would always talk about where he was stuck, and I kid you not, I swear the spirit helped me remeber how to play the game, so I could say, "brandon, if you listen, I will tell you how to get the golden braclet!" or random things like that. Haha, it worked. But I could never remember what would happen next, so lets just say, the spirit taught me what was "meted unto me." (Thanks goes out to Jason for teaching me his gaming skills! (and yes, I know I'm still not as good as you!))
Okay, so we have this one investigator named Brian. Brian is wanted to go into seminary and be a priest or something, and he KNOWS the bible. I LOVE teaching him because he always confirm my testimony that the church is true. For instance, last week we took him on a church tour and showed him the baptisimal font, and he went off on how "that is how a font should look" with stairs leading into it, and all these other things. And when we started meeting him we asked what it would mean if this was true, and he said he would be surprised and he would have to change a lot, but something he is worried about is that everything we have taught him so far, he already believes! ...He is mormon, he just doesn't know it yet!
Well, that about sums up the week! Oh, so on sunday we went over to the Bistui's for dinner (Nate and Sarah), and Nate decided he wanted to teach us how to BBQ, it went really well, until his ENTIRE BBQ lit on fire, it was crazy! Haha, (but the food was already off, and it wasn't mu fault at all...I think, I don't think I should be allowed to BBQ anymore, we can just let megan and the men do that one)
But this week was really good. I learned a lot, felt the spirit, worked hard, saw miracles, was super tired, and I loved every minute! I love being on a mission. This really is where I need to be right now, and while I love and miss you all, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but here!
I love you all! Thank you for your emails and your prayers. You are all in my prayers!
Love you!
-Sister Lee-

No comments:

Post a Comment