Thursday 15 September 2011

September 13

Hey Family!
This week was good. It was a little crazy but it was good. Sister Cluff was a little sick this week so we had to slow everything down, and we had to pack all our things up and move out. It was pretty funny because the night before we moved we had this HUGE blackout and all our appointments fell through and our mission president wanted us back home early, so we just sat in the dark with our flashlight and I watched sister Cluff pack up all her things (Because I was fast, and got it packed earlier in the day!) But it was funny to see people kinda freak out over the situation. It has made everyone down here want to get more prepared for an emergency.
Our new apartment is really nice. It has more than one room which is CRAZY, its weird to not ALWAYS be in one anothers space. But I was so used to it, it never bothered me, but this is nice! Plus our area in WAY closer to where we are every day (like 5 miles closer). So it will be nice to save miles that way. We try to stay under 1250 miles, it sounds like a lot of miles, but it can be a challenge to stay under, we should be able to do it this month though.
We had a mission presidents fireside on sunday, and that was really great! Have I talked about those before? I can't remember. We have them once a month, but every other month its in spanish. And we have a big missionary choir, (probably 80% of the missionaries come (our mission in that small!)) and we (as a choir) sing 2 songs, and then other missionaries sing special musical numbers, (I have sung in a few groups, but I am NOT good enough to sing a solo, or even a duet!), and between the music they have recent converts bear there testimony and the spirit is SO strong! I LOVE them so much, Its like a recharge on my batteries.
And Yesterday we went to the Mormon Battalion with some members who live with there non-member relatives. They have always talked about the church, but hav never invited them to do anything. and this family is so interested in learning. I think its so crazy that some people are SO ready to hear the gospel, but so many times, we are too timid to extend the invitation.
Something I am working on is being more bold and loving with people. There are so many scriptures that are so direct and bold, and sometimes I am too nervous to share them with people, you know the ones that say "repent you sinner or your going to hell?!" those scriptures, I love them, but I can't seem to read them with others. But I am trying to be like Elder Holland, very Bold and direct, but also loving, because then people won't mind as much hearing that they are doing something wrong.
Well I don't have much more time! but I love you all, and I am praying for you. Know that God loves you, and he desires the best for you all, and he has promised us peace in this life so long as we follow Gods commandments!
Love you!'
-Sister Lee-

No comments:

Post a Comment